The Sterling

New 2018-2019 Schedule!

Margret Wong, Reporter

March 27, 2018

Filed under Community, Features, Uncategorized

Changes are coming to Morton High Schools! District 201 is implementing a new bell schedule in the 2018-2019 school year. One of the biggest changes will be that first period starts at 8:45 a.m. rather then 8:00 a.m.. District...

How Will People be Affected Due to New Construction

Kiana Ventura, Editor

March 16, 2018

Filed under Community

There be a new addition and also some remodeling at Morton West High School beginning the end of March or early April of 2018. The construction project is slated to be completed by August of 2019 and this groundbreaking construction...

PSA for Seniors!

Margret Wong, Reporter

March 16, 2018

Filed under Community

Seniors are getting closer to walking across the stage! But wait......there are still many activities the seniors have to look forward to before they graduate! Before all the big fun stuff happens, seniors will have to attend...

Seniors College Journey

March 16, 2018

Filed under Community

While college application deadlines arrive, Morton West seniors continue to feel their fear rising. Seniors are scrambling to produce the perfect college essay, crouching over their laptops filtering through every application....

Snapchat’s New Update

Jocelyn Cambron, Reporter

March 16, 2018

Filed under Community

On February 22, 2018 Snapchat introduced the new version of the app to most of its teen’s users, which left users confused and frustrated. The company has made several dramatic changes and as of now it has not gone well with...

Senior Interview At Morton West: Carlos Serrano

Adrian De Santiago, Reporter

December 6, 2017

Filed under Community

Q: What types of activities do you do here at Morton ? A: I joined track and field during my time in Morton West because I enjoy the sport, I also became a FMP to show the freshman that there is cool mentors in the school. ...

Teen Phone Addiction

Alyssa Price, Reporter

December 6, 2017

Filed under Community, Lifestyle & Culture

Do you ever feel lost without having your phone in your hand or even around you? Well this is a common sign of phone addiction. According to CNN.com, 50% of teens admit they are addicted to their phones. Alondra Zaragoza, a...

Jimmy John’s Winners

Kiandria Armstead, Reporter

December 6, 2017

Filed under Community, Lifestyle & Culture

The JS Morton District along with Joshua McMahon, principal of JS Morton West High School, conducted a program called Freaky Fast to Class. Zakkery Bock and Samuel Linares, both seniors at Morton West, were the September and ...

Kathryn Grosse – Morton West Senior

Kiana Ventura, Editor

November 13, 2017

Filed under Community, Uncategorized

Q: Are you going to college?  A: Eventually. Q: Are you going right after high school? A: I'm not going right after high school. I'm going to take a break. Q: Do you have any idea what college you want to go to?...

The Foreign Exchange Student

Jaleicia Staples

November 13, 2017

Filed under Community, Features, Uncategorized

How well do you know Morton West? Did you know we have an abundance of foreign exchange students here at West? Have you noticed them?  Have you notice but were too afraid to ask them about themselves? Meeting new people is fun...

Snapchat Vs. Instagram

Jocelyn Cambron, Reporter

November 13, 2017

Filed under Community, Lifestyle & Culture, Uncategorized

Snapchat and Instagram are two apps that serve very similar purposes. They both share and distribute images and videos yet can be different in so many ways. Each app has their own strengths, weakness, and best uses.  Two Morton...

The digital magazine of J. Sterling Morton West High School
Community