Basic Prom Information

1523153257:176

176

Kiandria Armstead, Reporter

Hey Juniors and Seniors…are you ready for a Starry Night at the 2018 Morton West Prom. Before prom comes, there is some basic information that seniors should know. Prom is going to be taking place on May 23rd between 6-11 p.m. at The Hyatt Regency O’Hare, 9300 Berwyn Mawr Ave, Rosemont, Illinois 60018. Tickets will be on SALE starting on March 21st for $85.00 per person, $180.00 for couple, and will increase to $95.00 per person, $190.00 for couple after April 20th.

Prior to purchasing prom tickets, students must submit their permission packet and guest approval forms by April 20th. Students must also fulfill all detention time owed to the Dean’s Office, graduation fees, and senior fees in order to attend the prom.

When purchasing tickets, be positive you will be attending the prom because any and all prom tickets are non-refundable. The day of prom, you will be required to have your prom ticket and your school ID. Any guest attending will also be required to have a photo ID with them. Self-Parking is $5. If you have any dietary restriction please stop by A104 by May 11 to let the secretaries know about your needs.

Morton Juniors and Seniors students have been excited for prom. Cynae Sullivan ’18, states, “Yeah I’ve been waiting to go to prom since my freshman year in high-school”. Sullivan also states, “I’m mainly excited about going to prom and excited about my send-off. And really just to see my family, I just want to see everything come together.” Sullivan states, “I’m getting my face put on shirts”. Makeda Burns ’18 states, “Yes, I’m very excited for prom. I’ve always wanted to go to prom with a big dress and fancy shoes with hair and makeup and to see all my family and friends”.

With prom right around the corner that also means it’s time to select your prom colors and get yourself a special date. Sullivan states that her dress color is “Rose gold”. Burns states she would like to wear “Red”.

Morton West prom will have a DJ so a ‘Starry Night’ can be a ‘LIT’ night. Sullivan explained that she would like to hear rap music played, “I like all kinds of music, like mainstream, R & B and Hip-hop. Burns and Sullivan have the same music taste, Burns explained that she also wants to hear rap and R & B as we well. “I would like to hear some of everything but mostly rap”.

Voting for a prom King and Queen is a tradition of prom done all over the world. Sullivan stated, “I feel I might run for prom Queen but I feel like a couple should run like Jade and Oscar”.

If you want some more information just head over to the school’s senior website, Mortonwest.weebly.com, where the senior events and graduation information can be found.