PSA for Seniors!

Margret Wong, Reporter

Seniors are getting closer to walking across the stage! But wait……there are still many activities the seniors have to look forward to before they graduate!

Before all the big fun stuff happens, seniors will have to attend the second senior class meeting on Monday May 21st, to obtain their cap, gowns, and tickets to graduation held in the sun deck area in the cafeteria. Beginning at 11:00 a.m.  students need to have all of their school fees paid in order to receive any of the graduation items. Seniors may enter through E-halls main entrance doors to attend the meeting.

A mandatory $60 fee has to be paid by each senior before the they can attend any events like prom or the senior brunch boat ride in addition to walking in graduation. This senior fee is due by April 3rd, 2018 and must be paid before purchasing prom and senior brunch tickets. Speaking of prom and senior brunch, the cost will be $95 for prom and $60 for the brunch boat ride from Navy Pier, respectively. Prom will be hosted on May 23rd, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare located in Rosemont where Morton East’s prom will also be held. This year’s theme for prom will be Starry Night. The senior brunch boat ride will be on May 22nd, 2018 on the Odyssey at Navy Pier. Buses are leaving Morton West at 8:30 a.m., returning to campus at 2 p.m.Keep in mind there is a dress code, and the price for the brunch boat ride increases to $70 after April 20th.

Seniors are talking about the prom theme this year,  Reyna Garcia, ’18, said, “I’m really excited about it. I like the theme and prom in general. But, I didn’t realize we were supposed to vote for what theme we wanted during our lunch. So, I didn’t vote. I was pretty upset about that.” Victor Velez, another senior at Morton West, stated, “Prom is really expensive. In total, if you add all the senior events, it is like over $200. But I think I’m still going to all of it, I’m really excited to leave.”

With May 17, 2018 the last day of school for seniors, graduation will finally take place on May 27th, 2018 and will be at the UIC Pavilion starting at 11:00 a.m.! Each graduate is given 7 tickets for the ceremony. All students must be at the UIC Pavilion no later than 10:15 a.m. The parking fee will be $10.

Class of 2018 is very close to the finish line, make sure to finish strong and exit with pride!