The Sterling

The Homecoming parade featuring the schools’ Homecoming courts is a time-honored tradition.

Homecoming Making Its Big Comeback!

After a year-long hiatus, Morton West Homecoming is back.

Homecoming week is welcoming Morton students back into the fold with many activities to look forward to this week including sports, dress-down days, and more! The Sterling has your guide to the full suite of events.

• Dress-down Days
    This week starts with the fun and funky dress-down days. Each day you get to wear a different outfit that follows the theme for the day.
  • After-School Activities
    There will also be after-school activities including the traditional Powderpuff and football game, soccer game, and club olympics. Assistant Principal of Student Activities Mr. Dugan stated, “I feel that the football game will be the most popular and exciting one. In previous years football has always been a hit, so I have high hopes it will be the same this year.” Mr. Dugan also explained,  “Powderpuff is always exciting for students, as well as soccer and football games also have great student turnouts.”
  • Parade and Fall Fest
    At the end of the week on Saturday the 18th, there will be a fall fest following the parade. The parade will be from Morton East to Morton West starting at 10 AM. All clubs and teams will be walking in it. Following right after the parade at 11 AM is the Fall Fest, “Where you get to hang outside with your friends and have a nice time.” Mr. Dugan excitingly stated. Games, food and jumpy houses will be there for everyone to enjoy.

Everyone will still be expected to follow proper safety precautions for Covid. Mr. Dugan said, “All the safety precautions we take at school we will continue to do during homecoming week. Even though we will be outside, we will still follow all rules to make sure everyone is safe and social distanced.” Everyone is expected to wear their masks and keep a distance of at least 3-6 feet when possible, because safety is is always first, Dugan noted.

For the full info on Homecoming week, check out these flyers:  Fall Fest Dress Days Article of the Week

Get Ready For Spirit Week!
Seniors Have Something to Prove at Homecoming Powderpuff

Fall Fest 2021 Promises Food Trucks, Fall Fun, and More

Emily Lopez, Staff Writer

While there is no dance in the plans for this year's Homecoming because of concerns over Covid-19, Morton West is working to come through in the clutch by providing a unique alternative:  Fall Fest. Scheduled for 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 18, Fall Fest at Morton West's campus is slated to host a number of fall-themed events and activities. There are loads of activities to do such as...

The Sterling • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Sterling Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *