Mini-Mustangs Graduate!

Little ones who attended Morton West’s preschool celebrate finishing their exciting year.

Mini-Mustangs+Graduate%21

Mika Dorvil

On Friday May 5th, 2017, Morton West Mini-Mustangs held a graduation ceremony in honor of the preschoolers completing their school year, with “The Ocean” as a theme. Over the course of the school year, Morton West students in Child Development classes were assigned one preschooler student and was in charge of helping them develop by creating lesson plans each week that matched a theme. Throughout the year, our Mini-Mustangs minds grew and expanded in curiosity,  and many of our Morton Students were very happy to see the preschoolers grow, develop, and learn.

At the start of the graduation ceremony, there was slideshow showing all of the activities and work the preschoolers have been doing over the year; then, the preschoolers donned their red caps and walked to the stage. Ms. Jacobek gave a wonderful speech about how proud she was of every single Morton West student teacher, and how she watched every single preschooler grow and mature in the classroom. Since the theme was The Ocean, the preschoolers sang some songs that they have learned, including  “I’m a Little Fishy” and “Shark Hunt”; additionally, they sang their ABCs and recited The Pledge of Allegiance.  Students walked across the stage and received their diplomas, and then sang some more. Afterwards, they joined their families, ate, and took pictures with their student teachers. Games included the ring toss and beach ball. Although it was very heartbreaking to see the preschoolers leave, it was very bittersweet to know that every single teacher affected them in some way.